The seventh grader overdosed on fentanyl while at school in Hartford, officials said.
The student collapsed around 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Sports and Medical Science Academy and had to be revived.
Two other students were sent to the hospital for observation.
It’s unclear if they also ingested the drug.
The school was placed on soft lockdown while the DEA and drug-sniffing dogs searched the school for any additional substances.
Multiple additional bags containing suspected fentanyl were found around the school.
Students underwent a decontamination process before being allowed to leave school for the day.
ALSO READ |
Submit a News Tip
Copyright © 2022 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.